When traveling to regions as a Kayhi student, here are some Do’s and Don’ts.
- Stay healthy: No one wants to get sick while traveling away from home.
- Watch your language: The cheerleading team is judged based on how positive and engaged they keep their crowd.
- Set the example: You represent Ketchikan and Kayhi. If you trash the church or wherever you are staying, what school is going to want to open its doors to us next time?
- Budget wisely: We are there for a week, don’t run out of money. You’ll be starving when we get home. “Bumin’ money really ain’t funny”- Leah Call
- Have tons of positive energy: Your energy helps the teams win and just makes everyone feel good.
- Don’t be disrespectful: No one wants to hear a snotty Ketchikan kid. We want to be welcomed back again in 3 years.
- Don’t get sent home: You don’t want to be known as the person who got sent home from the most exciting games we have all year.
- Don’t go off by yourself: Stay safe, anything can happen. We don’t need S.W.A.T teams out looking for you.
- Don’t forget to ask permission: Chaperones don’t need to worry about you. We all want to have fun on this trip.
- Don’t antagonize the other team: We don’t want to get the teams in trouble because you’re screaming about bear meat.